Monday, March 30, 2009

ON/OFF DUTY






Yesterday, My brother, who is a Taxi driver, asked me to do a sign which says he is on/off duty. I agreed, but of course! I ask him to pay me. Hah! I never work with people who doesn't pay me back.. Except for someone! *big grin* Anyway, when I finished doing the layout.. I just realize how come he became a Taxi driver? When all of my siblings has a good job in UK and US. I thought for it in a moment, and realize even he is a taxi driver, it is something I should be proud of, he loves what he's doing. I mean, I just have to accept that some of us are already happy with what they have. He was invited to transfer in Dubai, but he's still confused and when he ask me what I think about it, at first, I said "Go! What are you waiting for?" And he did not say a word. So in my mind said, I was thinking Maybe, he is worried for his family and I can't assure him, he'll survive there but at least he will try. **My brother is fragile, I know he'll miss his family so much.. I even remembered before, after he graduated college he was assigned in Cebu, as a technician, after a few months may be, he went home and told my Papa, he wants to stay here, where he can see us everyday. Sweet, yet, its too much for a grown old man to be very dependent with his parents and siblings. If you're wondering how he became a technician to a taxi driver, simple, his vices pulled him down. That's why, Dubai thing is really important, there, he can stop drinking too much.

Well anyway, whatever his decision is, FINE. Even if I know, his children will soon grow up and will demand things a taxi driver cannot afford.. And I know, he'll will just ask for financial support from us, especially to me if I'll be already working in the future. Because, the family knows, I prefer to have a single life.. Hmmm whatever!! For my brother, good luck! and I really hope he'll think about it, and realize that he cannot forever depend to us. I'm not being selfish, but I am only asking him to be more mature enough to realize he is not getting younger and so is my parents.

I'll pray to God, He will guide my brother and protect him from any temptations that can result to a wrong decisions.



1 comment:

  1. taxi driver is a decent job but i'm not sure about income wise esp. in the philippines. you are so sweet tomyour brod.

    ReplyDelete